Tuesday, September 8, 2015

New Shoes




I wanted to share some shoe news today.

I have very strangely shaped feet, and they are a medium size, but on the wider side of medium. If I attempt a "wide" shoe though, my feet fall out. I also have some slight bunions on both feet. If you ask me, I've got some pretty ugly feet! But that's not the main problem. The problem is shoe shopping. I have a very difficult time finding shoes that are comfortable, affordable AND a proper fit for my odd-shaped foot. This year I made a pact with myself that I will no longer care about price when it comes to shoes (ok, this does not mean I'll just dish out $200 on a pair of shoes, either). Comfort simply needs to come first. It has been too long now that I haven't listened to my gut and have bought shoes that were just okay as opposed to be beautiful AND comfortable, only to find myself squeezing my feet into them and forcing myself to wear them despite my discomfort. I have since been on the lookout for shoes that are only leather (inside and out) so that I can wear them barefoot without having an issue, and also ones that are pretty on my foot. After reading about these shoes on a blog, I decided to give Born Julianne a try. I finally bought my first pair this month as I was in desperate need of a new pair of tan-colored flats, and so far I absolutely love them! They scream "comfort" when you first take them out of the box because they are buttery soft and then when you look inside, they are well-cushioned. They are a flat but not so flat that I feel like I am walking on solid ground. Finally, my feet do not hurt when I am walking!

Just thought I would share for others who are on the lookout for a good shoe! I am hoping to buy them in red next month to add a pop of color to boring maternity fall outifts. :-)


1 comment:

  1. those look beautiful and comfortable! it's wonderful to find shoes that actually fit!!!

    ReplyDelete