Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Psalter Groups




I haven't been feeling well for a while now, thus the lack of posts.

I did want to take a minute tonight though and share something I'm going to be a part of starting next week. Orthodox Mom (aka Sylvia), has a really lovely and very informative blog. Every fasting period, she makes a Psalter Group sign-up for her readers, open to anyone who would like to join. The point of these groups is to read the entire Psalter during the fasting period, and also pray for others who are in the same group as you. I think it's a lovely tradition and I love having a goal for each fasting period which makes me pick up a spiritual book each day. I only recently started reading the Psalter (usually in a difficult moment, I'd pick it up and read a psalm to calm down), and I love that Sylvia has this going on.

If you'd like to join in, go to her blog, and sign up below in your own comment.


No comments:

Post a Comment