Friday, June 16, 2017

Almost Summer





I have take a long break from the blog because things got a bit crazy around here (I feel like I say this all the time!) and it's nice to be back.

I can officially say that we are enjoying our summer vacation after a successful year of kindergarten homeschool! I am thrilled with how our year went overall! Our big first grader is reading at the Level 2 I Can Read books, and he continues to enjoy reading to himself or to his siblings. He has truly formed a love for reading and does not need to be reminded to practice his reading each day. We finished half of Math U See Alpha (which is technically the first grade math) after having finished the Primer, and he is a math-loving guy for sure. I never intended to focus much on math this year, but he begged and pleaded for it constantly, so I went along with it.

We have been enjoying being "summer lazy" here for a week or so and have been taking it easy. Soon the kids and I are going to visit my family in New York for a few weeks and I can hardly wait! I have been busy planning out some free activities I can keep us busy with during the day while my mom is at work.

We are back at fasting again, with the Apostles' Fast going on currently (until July 12th). I have been thoroughly enjoying some summer salads with a small piece of baked salmon on top, as well as bruschetta on bread and grilled veggies (like zucchini or bell peppers). Yum! My husband has also planted this year's garden, with the help of the kids, and we are anxiously awaiting the results of their hard work!

Just a few more days until the official first day of summer, and the weather is definitely getting the hint as well!

1 comment: