Thursday, February 27, 2014

Day 2...

This morning the day began with Mama spilling cheerios and rice krispies all over the floor while serving breakfast to the kids. I guess it was meant to be for me to sweep my floor this morning!! Aside from sweeping though, in these situations we have a handy tool that works much more efficiently - the handy dandy Dustbuster. It's one of the best investments we have ever made since we have had a toddler-infested house. Makes clean up after messy meal-times or cookie decorating (with sprinkles all over the floor) SO much easier!

Baby is officially 7 weeks old today! She's really fussy this morning, so I currently have her attached to me in the baby carrier...another product I have been recommending to every mom I know. I upgraded my baby carrier with this baby and got the Beco Gemini. It's the best thing ever! For those who are familiar with the Baby Bjorn, this carrier is very similar but can hold heavier babies (up to 35 lbs), and can also be carried on the hip or back in addition to out front. Need your hands but have a crying baby and no help? Strap baby on to yourself and you're good to go! I haven't used a baby carrier so much until this baby because this time I've got 2 other little ones to tend to simultaneously.

An update on my messy kitchen: It's about a quarter cleaned for now. Hoping to get some more done today. Yesterday we ended up having to make an unexpected trip to Indiana for an errand, so I lost most of the afternoon.

Off to unload the dishwasher while the kids are all quiet for a few minutes ;-).

Today's quote: "Only he who leaves everything to the will of God can feel truly joyous, light and peaceful." -Elder Thaddeus of Vitovnica (quote pulled from his book, Our Thoughts Determine Our Lives)

No comments:

Post a Comment