Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Pascha!








Christ is Risen!

We've had a whirlwind of a month! We are now officially a "priest's family" because my husband got ordained a priest on Palm Sunday (April 13th). Everyone asks how it feels, and quite honestly, I have no idea! It's been a few irregular weeks since we are currently at my parents' home in New York, so until we get back into our old life at home, I will not really feel any difference, I think. The one thing that has changed is my husband has been serving more frequently. Other than that, it has been strange to see him doing parts of the service I am not used to him doing, but that'll of course take time to get used to.

Our Pascha was really incredible! My husband served like he's been a priest his entire life. He really got the crowd riled up in a good way on Pascha night, yelling "Hristos Voskrese" in different languages and almost running through the church. He had the Paschal energy no doubt!

This year I was so fortunate because my four siblings were all here for Pascha, as well as my parents, my grandmother, and some of my closest family. We had such a spread of food and everyone was in great spirits....The services were the most amazing part though. Each service from Holy Week until Bright Monday was just so beautiful. I really enjoyed them all, even though I had the kids. My mom helped so much in taking care of them, and for a few services, she actually stayed home with them so that I could take the service in and pray, which was really a treat.

We have been busy here ever since Pascha just trying to get the kids' energy out each day and I am trying to relax a bit as well (though that is hard because wherever you go, you are still a Mama!)

My husband is away for a few weeks now, and hopefully once he gets back, we'll be able to get in a little bit of family time before leaving back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment