Friday, April 11, 2014

Pre-Paschal craziness...

Pascha is around the corner, and as it always goes, these few weeks leading up to it have been hectic. Lucky for me, I managed to keep my hubby home for a day to help watch the kids so I could bake my kulichi. I ended up with 10 of them this year! (Photos to come later, as I am on the wrong computer for this purpose). It was a huge sigh of relief when that got crossed off of the to-do list for me!

Of course, a few days after I finished baking my kulichi, life took a turn into an unexpected direction. It turns out that my husband is going to be ordained a priest on Palm Sunday (that is this Sunday!!!) instead of later on in the year as we originally expected. That being said, we are busy making all sorts of preparations and arrangements, talking to family, and just mentally and spiritually attempting to prepare for this enormous step in our lives. We are very fortunate in that the ordination is taking place on Palm Sunday, because he will be a priest for Pascha. Since we are not on a parish yet, Vladika has blessed for us to take a journey over to my home parish in Sea Cliff, NY for one Pascha with my family before we take on a parish in the end of the year. I am so very excited and filled with joy about this! I am going to be with all of my siblings this year, as well as with my grandmother and extended family for Pascha! It is going to be wonderful and I can't wait!! Oh, and several of my 10 kulichi will be making the journey with us ;-).


No comments:

Post a Comment