Wednesday, December 31, 2014

New...

Here we are, at the end of another year! On this new year's eve, we are feeling quite "new" already as we are in our new house and starting the new year at our very first parish! We moved in at the beginning of this week, and already, our new house feels like a very cozy home! Thanks to a few nights of early bedtimes, and help from some friends, we have managed to set up the kitchen completely, as well as the living room. We even put up our Christmas tree and other Christmas decor last night! Nothing says cozy like Christmas decor!


Looking back on this year, it seems like such a blur, but some memorable times included:
-having our third child (our second girl!) two days after Christmas;
-my husband being ordained a priest,
-a lovely trip to San Francisco for hubby, baby and I,
-our son starting preschool for the first time,
-and, moving to our new home at the tail end of the year.

With happiness always comes a fair share of not-so-happiness...and this year, it was the passing of my grandfather, my first sweetheart in life. May his memory be eternal! He is sorely missed each and every day.

Looking ahead (as much as one can) into 2015, it is exciting to know that our family will be spending it in a new place to all of us. I am still working on some resolutions for myself, which will include one resolution as an Orthodox Christian, one as a mother, one as a wife, one as a housewife, and one as a friend. I choose to make one resolution for each category because otherwise I become too overwhelmed with my goals.

Our family will be starting a new annual tradition tomorrow, but I'll keep you guessing until I share that idea on the blog (hopefully tomorow!)

Happy New Year to you!

1 comment: