Friday, November 20, 2015

A Recipe: London Fog Tea Latte



This afternoon during our Quiet Hour (see below post), I decided to be more adventurous with my afternoon cup of tea. After visiting a David's Tea store yesterday and seeing a woman with a fabulously yummy-looking drink, which she told me was a "chai latte", I ran a search on how to make such a latte for myself. Luckily, I have a fancy new milk frother (thanks, husband!), and with its help I may have found myself my go-to afternoon drink from today on!

How to make a London Fog Tea Latte (aka an Early Gray Tea Latte)
*I should mention that I am not even a fan of earl gray tea normally...not until today, that is!*

You will need:
One Earl Gray or Lady Gray Tea Bag (I used Lady Gray today)
8 oz. of boiling hot water
1 T. of regular sugar
1/4 t. vanilla extract

Directions:
Place the tea bag into the 8 oz. boiling water and let it steep for about 5 minutes.
Remove the tea bag and stir in the sugar and vanilla extract. (I actually used 1/2 T. of sugar for fear of it being too sweet. I think I'll put in 3/4 T. next time).
Steam the milk either in a frother/steamer or on your stovetop. Add in to the tea and stir. Voila! Enjoy!!

Preferably, drink in a beautiful tea cup :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment