Tuesday, November 3, 2015

November


I have been absent for a whole month because things have been going non-stop in a whirlwind and frankly, I've been exhausted! I am about to head into my 3rd trimester of this pregnancy, and some days I feel a rush of what I need to get done in preparation for this baby, and I just start without stopping again until the kids are in bed at night. Most of what I have been busy with has been housekeeping and de-cluttering, which is a job that never seems to end! I'll share some of what I've been up to in later posts.

For now, a few days late, a little look ahead into November.


Faith
St. John of Kronstadt (Nov. 1)
Archangel Michael (Nov. 21)
Start of the Nativity Fast (Nov. 28)

Note: These are clearly not ALL the important days on the calendar for this month in terms of feasts, but since the kids are still little I am keeping things simple (and also so that I can keep up better!!) Mostly, we are learning about the feast day and talking about it, and if I can, I find a video on YouTube, or an icon for them to color in pertaining to the saint/feast. The Nativity Fast will have an activity of its own.


Homemaking

Continue with the fall clean-up of the home
Plan out a cleaning list for the Nativity Fast
Start thinking about where to set up baby's crib and clothing in the next few weeks to prepare for his arrival

Themes

Turkeys
Thanksgiving
Fall

Special DaysThanksgiving on the 26th! This year, we will celebrate with my almost entire extended family!

Goals

Plan and budget for gifts for our December birthdays and Namesdays, and St. Nicholas Day
Finish planning and creating an Advent Calendar and activities for the kids
Finish learning & Practice our "Thanksgiving Concert" (we are planning to perform it for family on Thanksgiving Day), and practice "stage etiquette"

KnittingFinish knitting baby's blanket before Thanksgiving and blog about it
Start knitting a black scarf for hubby for his birthday


1 comment:

  1. some fun things here! it's hard being so exhausted. God bless your baby in womb and all of your efforts for your family! God's strenght!

    ReplyDelete