Wednesday, June 25, 2014

A prayer



This morning I felt at my wit's end way too quickly. Just in time, I picked up my copy of The Ascetic Lives of Mothers, glanced through it for the most appropriate prayer for me today, and read this beautiful prayer for a mother of little ones:

"O my God and King, help me to be a peace-bearer in my home. Tending to my little ones takes so much time; help me to focus and order my day in a way that is effective in training and loving them and, most importantly, honoring to You. Help me to use kind words and give loving encouragement. Give me the wisdom to direct these precious little ones to love You. During the trying days, remind me that the investment I make in their lives is worth each sacrifice. In the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment