Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Friends

I spent the day with a good friend today. She came over with her 6-month old baby boy, and spent most of the day with us. It was so nice to let go of our routine for the bulk of the day, and sit and chat and play. Of course, my dishes and laundry got backed up but it was worth the extra work. Mamas need friends more than anyone else, I think. Sometimes it's fun to be "irresponsible" for a few hours!

Another nice thing about today was that this morning, both my hubby and I managed to get up before the kids. I was actually really impressed that he was up before me, because that doesn't happen much these days unless he's serving that day. So I got in my shower while he made coffee, and then we sat and talked for a few minutes while sipping our coffees. Then he went to watch some news while I did some of my daily reading from Our Thoughts Determine Our Lives.

Here's a nice quote I came across the other day.

"Everyone you come across is fighting a silent battle you know nothing about. Be kind, always."

No comments:

Post a Comment