Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Celebrating St. Katherine's Day



Yesterday was St. Katherine's feast day (Ekaterina, in Greek and Russian). It was my Namesday, and it was a really lovely day. We started the day by getting up early and driving to the Russian church for liturgy as a family. We got caught up in some traffic on the way, but we made it for the end of the Gospel. It was a huge treat for me not only to be at a Russian-style liturgy (home for me), and have Communion on my namesday, but also that my husband stood with the kids and I for the service. A clergy wife's dream is an extra set of hands in church, and that is just what I got! After liturgy, we had coffee and some breakfast treats, and then walked around an upscale mall in the area for a few hours and let the kids get their jitters out. We visited the Lego store, and they got to play there as well. (So did my husband. :-))

Once we got home, my husband declared he'd be making dinner, and one grocery store trip and a few hours later, we sat down to a delicious meal of baked salmon, bruschetta, and rice pilaf. He even made homemade lemonade from scratch, which is a really big favorite of mine! The best part of my husband being in the kitchen instead of me was that he cleaned out my overly messy pantry (which I have been procrastinating doing because I have no idea how to organize it!). It was such a nice day. The best part was that while my husband made dinner and then cleaned up from dinner, I got to sit on the couch with my feet up and knit by the Christmas tree. A special treat in so many ways!


No comments:

Post a Comment