Sunday, December 6, 2015

Winter Book Haul



A few days ago, I took a trip to the library without the kids to pick up some books about winter. I love our homeschool curriculum so far, but it does not include any seasonal books or activities since people choose to run their school years at different times of the year, and the holidays would not align properly for some. I searched around on Pinterest for a long time for the top winter and Christmas books, and I selected 10 for right now to begin with. I am adding in a book a day to the end of our school mornings, and the kids and I have really been enjoying this so far. For some books, there are fun activities that can be done, too, if you look on Pinterest or anywhere online, but I do not stress myself out too much about doing anything much other than reading the book. Some days the crafty mood strikes, and other days it does not. :)

Here is a list of the books I checked out so far. I'll let you know if any of them become favorites! (You can see any of these books on Amazon).

The Snow Day, by Ezra Jack Keats
The First Day of Winter, by E. Fleming
Snowballs, by Lois Ehlert
No Two Alike, by E. Baker
Stranger in the Woods: A Photographic Fantasy
The Mitten: A Ukrainian Folktale, by Jan Brett
Bear Snores On, by E. Wilson
Ladybug Girl and the Big Snow, by E. Soman
Red Sled, by E. Judge
Katy and the Big Snow, by E. Burton 

1 comment: