Saturday, December 26, 2015

This week...

This past week was full of excitement in our house!

Last Saturday, the kids rose on St. Nicholas Day to find that he had paid them a visit the previous night.



The same day, my parents and sister arrived for a short (but very sweet visit!) They came to celebrate our son's birthday with us, and we had the nicest visit together! My dad made a huge gift for me that means so much. He re-copied a lot of the home videos taken when we were little onto DVD. My mom handed me the wrapped gift and said "happy birthday!" I looked at her and said "enough already! You already spoiled me for my birthday!" And she responded that I might not want to reject this particular gift. When I opened it I was so excited! As soon as the kids went to sleep that night, we had tea and watched a good portion of the DVD. My dad says more are on their way. :-)
The rest of our time together was spent mostly out of the house. We had a family and very close friends gathering last Sunday to celebrate our 5-year old the day before his birthday. It was the perfect afternoon for him! On Monday we showed my parents around our favorite parts of this area and enjoyed the beautiful weather. Then, on Tuesday we celebrated the birthday boy again with a relaxing morning at home, lunch and cake, and then some Christmas fun in the city (followed by a yummy Greek dinner!)



On Wednesday, we said goodbye to my family early in the morning, and later in the day, headed into the city again - this time to the Museum of Science & Industry, to see the Christmas Around the World exhibit. The main reason for our visit though, was to watch our parish "tambura" (Serbian Orchestra) group perform at the museum! They are really an amazing group and they are all young students, which makes it even more exciting.

The Russian tree at Christmas Around the World. It was full of matryoshkas just as I hoped it would be, as well as beautiful ornaments with churches on them



It was sad to say goodbye to family, as usual, but we have so much to look forward to these days! In preparation for baby's arrival, I washed newborn baby clothing this week. There is no smell more nostalgic to me than the smell of Dreft baby detergent. I smiled as I folded each piece of clothing. The detergent holds so many memories, but each article of clothing does as well. I haven't used our baby boy clothes in 5 years now, and I still remember at least one memory per each article of clothing that I have washed!

Lastly...I have been knitting away like crazy. I have two projects on my needles (which is a huge deal for me!) I am knitting a cowl for a Christmas gift (one of several), and at the same time, a black scarf for my husband. I am having so much fun with both projects, and I am loving knitting more and more each day! I keep looking through my Pinterest Knitting board and planning out what project I will attempt next. :-)

The scarf for my hubby coming along...it is moving faster than I expected!


Happy Sunday to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment